Sunday, October 3, 2010

READING LESSONS



Hi everyone!
    
 We are going to start reading a book. It is called The Big Mistake and Other Stories and it is  written by Nella Burnett-Stuart and Bruna Deriu. It is a mystery and horror book. David is looking forward to a quiet week by the sea with his girlfriend - but things don't turn out as he expected... Who stole the diamond necklace? Inspector Baker has been promised promotion if he can solve the case. Will he succeed ... Trudy is depressed and miserable. She isn't getting on with her parents. She's not the only one with problems though... Three young boys start digging in a garden. What exactly are they looking for? This is a stimulating collection of original stories.
 At the end of each chapter there are different activities. Remember that I will pick those activities up every week and at the end of the term there will be an interview about what you read. I hope we will have lots of fun with this story!



1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I'm Bruna Deriu and I'm the author of the six stories in this book. Thank you for choosing my book, I hope that your students will enjoy it!

    Regards
    Bruna

    ReplyDelete